Primeur is a multinational group headquartered in Switzerland specialising in Enterprise Data Integration for more than 30 years. Our greatest strength is our ability to offer Data Integration solutions that start with consulting, include the implementation of our software and continue over time with full Client’s support throughout the entire life cycle of Data Integration.
Using proprietary and market best of breed technologies, we have designed, developed and implemented the innovative Hybrid Integration Platform Platform Primeur Ghibli Next™, and a totally new E2E Data Governance and Lineage solution, Primeur Data Watcher™.
Primeur’s unique approach in the international sw scenario is to Integrate data of every Client – thanks to its software, created and developed in the R&D centres – using our HIP platform without modifying the applications. This approach combined with Primeur Ghibli Next™ HIP allows companies to keep existing technologies and applications, or even to adopt new ones in line with the increasing amount of information and with emerging market trends (as IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data), ensuring effective integration of all Data in the organization.
Main Clients are top companies “Fortune 500”, banks and insurance companies, fast-moving consumer goods, energy & utilities, manufacturing, telco operators and public administration. Moreover, Primeur has developed a specific offer for medium enterprises, aiming at the indirect channel and its network of Business Partners. The Group is widespread in Europe (Switzerland, Italy, UK, Ireland, Spain and France), Tunisia, and it has branches and commercial offices in North America and Latam.
About the role:
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Continues monitoring and optimization to mantain high scalability
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Product Managers and Application Architects to translate business requirements into data models to support new products and features.
- Work with Application Architects and Engineers to choose the right data storage technology for the use case.
- Liaise with Product Managers and Data Engineers to design dimensional data models to support reporting and analytics needs.
- Discover and model existing data structures using data modeling tools.
- Refactor existing data models to improve performance, correctness, and scalability.
- Create and refine data dictionary content for new and existing data models using data modeling tools and/or meta data management tools.
- Liaise with multiple Engineering teams to ensure timely implementation of new products and features in parallel streams.
- Define best practices and processes for Data Architecture in collaboration with Product Management, Engineering and Technical Operations.
- Define standards and conventions and evangelize their application across the Technology organization.
Profile of the candidate:
- BS or above in a computer technology related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relational data modeling experience demonstrating the successful delivery of numerous business-critical applications from raw business requirements (full life cycle).
- Dimensional data modeling experience for reporting and analytics.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and procedural extensions in Oracle. PostegreSQL and DB2 (Mini and/or Z) is a plus.
- MongoDB database experience. Knowledge of other NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Experience with financial data models (or data models of similar complexity).
- Solid business analysis skills, with preference given to banking, loans and financial application experience.
- Proficiency with data modeling tools such as ERwin, ER/Studio and PowerDesigner.
- A solid background in data integration, quality and distribution.
- A solid understanding of data governance.
- Java and JPA development experience is a big plus.
- Metadata management experience is a plus.
Milan , Pedrinate or Tunisi.
We offer a full-time permanent contract.
How to apply
The job code is: DBA