Primeur is a multinational group headquartered in Switzerland specialising in Enterprise Data Integration for more than 30 years. Our greatest strength is our ability to offer Data Integration solutions that start with consulting, include the implementation of our software and continue over time with full Client’s support throughout the entire life cycle of Data Integration.
Using proprietary and market best of breed technologies, we have designed, developed and implemented the innovative Hybrid Integration Platform Platform Primeur Ghibli Next™, and a totally new E2E Data Governance and Lineage solution, Primeur Data Watcher™.
Primeur’s unique approach in the international sw scenario is to Integrate data of every Client – thanks to its software, created and developed in the R&D centres – using our HIP platform without modifying the applications. This approach combined with Primeur Ghibli Next™ HIP allows companies to keep existing technologies and applications, or even to adopt new ones in line with the increasing amount of information and with emerging market trends (as IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data), ensuring effective integration of all Data in the organization.
Main Clients are top companies “Fortune 500”, banks and insurance companies, fast-moving consumer goods, energy & utilities, manufacturing, telco operators and public administration. Moreover, Primeur has developed a specific offer for medium enterprises, aiming at the indirect channel and its network of Business Partners. The Group is widespread in Europe (Switzerland, Italy, UK, Ireland, Spain and France), Tunisia, and it has branches and commercial offices in North America and Latam.
The Chief Software Architect position in Primeur R&D team is a combined architectural design, technical leadership, and hands-on development role that contributes to Primeur’s success through expertise in large-scale distributed system. You will leverage matured existing systems to help design and create the next generation service architecture. You have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, software system architecture and design, development process and best practices, distributed computing, and high availability.
What you’ll do:
- Helping define the vision of our next generation platform architecture, creating and maintaining documentation.
- Leading and driving cross-team and platform-level initiatives and projects.
- Discovering opportunities in integrated/converged platforms, systems and resources, and lead to realize it.
- Collaborating in design and implementation of our next-generation data and service-oriented architecture stack that will power all services in our ecosystem.
- Scaling up and tune our ad serving pipeline for better performance, reliability, and throughput. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, extremely low latency requirement, and computational efficiency.
- Troubleshooting critical production issues and provide technical insights.
Profile of the candidate:
- A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field. MS/PhD preferred.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale (distributed) system architecture, complex software design, high scalability and availability, optimization, etc..
- Experience with Java and JEE is a must.
- Proven skills in performance tuning, monitoring and measuring.
- Extensive experience with technical leadership, defining visions/solutions and collaborating/driving to see them to completion.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques. Knowledge of Windows and Mainframe is a plus.
- Knowledge in microservice architecture and cloud technologies is a strong plus.
- Experience with related open source technologies such as JBOSS, IBM Liberty Zookeeper, ActiveMQ, Artemis, Netty, MongoDB, etc. is a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment.
Pedrinate (Chiasso) or Milan according to the candidate’s preference.
We offer a full-time permanent contract.
How to apply
The job code is: CSA